At Soprano Ice Edinburgh we pride ourselves on our customer care and high standards. Each laser hair removal client will follow a similar customer journey guiding them from a pre-treatment consultation through to post treatment aftercare.
The information below is a guide to what you can expect when you choose Soprano Ice Edinburgh for your laser hair removal treatments.
Pre-treatment laser hair removal safety
To ensure effective treatments and your safety we adhere to the following procedures:
- You must have a patch test at least 24hrs prior to treatment.
- You must cease waxing, threading, dying or bleaching your hair in the area to be treated 4 weeks prior to treatment, however shaving is allowed. (Your hair root must be present under the skin for treatment to work – no hair root, no result!)
- You should shave the area the night before the treatment. It can be done that morning if you forget, but the night before gets the best results.
- You must not use fake tan one week prior to your treatment as this produces melanin in the skin which can absorb the laser light, just like the hair, and cause a risk of skin burn.
- You should come to each appointment without any products on the area to be treated eg. deodorant or body moisturiser.
Laser hair removal procedure
Laser energy is delivered through a small hand piece operated by your laser therapist. The laser delivers an intense beam of light, which is absorbed by the hair follicle and converted to heat. The heat damages the hair follicle while the surrounding tissue remains unaffected.
As hair grows in 6 week cycles, we recommend that you will need to have 6 treatments between 6-8 weeks apart (body) and 4-6 week apart (face) to permanently reduce all hair follicles.
Our all female team will put you at ease to have even the most intimate areas treated. We have created a calm and comfortable environment in which you can have your hair permanently reduced. Your laser therapist will explain the process fully and goggles will be provided to protect your eyes.
Depending on the area being treated the session will last approximately 15 minutes to an hour. After treatment the practitioner will apply aloe vera gel to soothe the treated skin. If you are having a facial treatment it is recommended that SPF30/50 sunscreen should be applied for immediate protection.
Post-treatment laser hair removal care
After your treatment the skin may appear red and / or swollen, but this will reduce over 24 hours. You must use a SPF30/50 sunscreen on the treated areas for a at least a week after treatment to protect the skin as it will be highly sensitive to sun damage if directly exposed to the sun’s rays.
For this reason we recommend that you do not have a treatment and go on holiday where you will be exposed to extreme sun conditions within 1 week of your last treatment.
If you have any questions about laser hair removal, please contact us, our experienced team will be happy to advise you.