Winter usually means a heavier make up look so removing your make up properly and cleaning your skin thoroughly becomes even more important.
1. It is important to double cleanse as your first pre cleanse removes makeup, pollutants and dirt from the skin while your second cleanse is to treat the skin. Products recommended to pre cleanse with include Elemis Micellar Water, Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm or Elemis Omega Rich Cleansing Oil depending on your skin type.
2. If you suffer from congestion, after your pre cleanse you can add your exfoliator to your cleanser for your second cleanse. This will give your skin a deep clean while sloughing off dead skin cells that are sitting on the surface.
3. When cleansing over your face don’t forget to pay particular attention to areas such as under the jowls, neck, side of face , up into your hairline and along your chest as these can be easily missed although we do apply makeup to these areas. By doing this it helps to prevent a build up of makeup and skins oil which could lead to spots or congestion.
4. Our skin can change from season to season as well as our lifestyle so our cleansing products should also be adapted to our skin during changes. Don’t be frightened of having a few different types of cleanser and trying new products. Different products will be more effective depending on the conditions of your skin.
5. Use a flannel or muslin cloth to remove cleanser. This is a far more hygienic than using your hands and more thorough. You can make sure you have removed all the product leaving your skin squeaky clean before applying your next products. Remove the product with your cloth in alternating diagonal strokes for a gentle exfoliation.
6. For a deeper cleanse you can leave your cleanser on during your bath time. If you apply your luxurious cleanser like you would a mask to your face and decollete the steam will help the product penetrate deeper into your skin. The perfect cleansers for unwinding in the bath are the Elemis Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser and Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm.